We’re delighted to present an opportunity for budding writers, Guiseley fans or just anyone with an opinion about football in our new Lions Roar Magazine.
As we know, all too well, football fans can be quite vocal in their opinions, especially when their team isn’t playing well – or to the expectations of the fans. That aside many football fans also have strong opinions about the way the game is run, monetary rewards of the top elite players, the women’s game, perceived injustices and many other issues. If this is you, we may have an outlet for your views.
Football fans attending matches buy programmes, they like to collect them, browse through them or it is just part of the ritual of going to matches, along with a pie and a pint. Like all other clubs we have embraced the digital programme but this doesn’t seem to be what fans want. So whilst you can’t visit Nethermoor we are going to try a different tack.
The Lion’s Roar is an opinion magazine, written in part by fans, whomever you support and whatever, within reason, you wish to say; we may be able to find a home for your thoughts. The first edition will be published, digitally, and will follow Guiseley AFC home matches, a Saturday/Tuesday schedule will have one edition.
Here are some ideas to stimulate your creativity:
- How Behind Closed Doors matches have changed the way football is played
- How Coronavirus has changed the way I watch football
- Is the American College system a better option for young footballers?
- The value of Non-League Academy teams
- A book review of your favourite football book
So, if you fancy yourself as a sports journalist or just want to reach a wider audience please send your copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each submission to include:
- A title
- Your name (photo optional)
- 500 words on your chosen topic
- Sent as an attachment in Word
- Optional images to accompany the piece