The 2020/21 season will start on Saturday 3rd October subject to FA and government approval.
The Lions’ first fixture will be an Emirates FA Cup Second Round Qualifying tie with the final game of the season scheduled for Saturday 29th May 2021.
The end of season play-offs will take place in June 2021 subject to FA approval.
Below is a round-up of all the key points following a National League board meeting:
• The scheduled start date of the 2020/21 Season is Saturday, 3 October 2020.
• 46 league fixtures will be scheduled in the National Division, and either 42 or 40 league fixtures will be
scheduled in the North and South Divisions.
• The North and South Divisions will commence the season with The FA Cup Second Qualifying Round on
Saturday 3 October.
• The final league match of the normal season is scheduled for Saturday 29 May 2021.
• The end of season play-offs are scheduled to take place in June 2021.
Please note the season end date and the scheduling of the play-offs in June is subject to FA approval.
The Board is aware that all Clubs will face significant challenges in preparing to return to football.
The National League will issue protocols containing guidance for Clubs under the following headings:
• Stage 1 Return to Training
• Stage 2 Return to Training, Close Contact
• Stage 3 Return to Competition, No Spectators
• Stage 5 Return to Competition, Safe Return of Spectators