Will you help us try to secure some additional funding?
The Galaxy Hot Chocolate Fund offers five weekly grants of £300 to worthwhile charitable causes, one of these awards is allocated to the project that receives the most votes of their website; this is our link https://www.galaxyhotchocolate.com/fund/profiles/guiseley-community-foundation-lionsinthe-community/
It will only take a couple of minutes for you to register your vote.
About the Community Foundation
The Guiseley Community Foundation/Lions In The Community uses the power of sport, and the brand of Guiseley AFC, to interact positively with the local community and to work with partners to tackle local issues. It is independent of the club but identifies closely with the ethos of the club.
The Foundation was established in May 2012 to develop a range of activities to promote healthier lifestyles for all members of our community. We are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) which is a new legal status for small organisations with charitable objectives.
What exactly do we do?
Our activities include:-
- Our football camps held every school holiday
- Working in schools teaching our Healthy Hearts education programme
- Delivering football coaching in schools as part of the curriculum, after schools clubs and girls only sessions
- Working with children and young people with learning difficulties gain valuable work experience
- Walking football sessions and Trailblazer Boot Camps
- Supporting small local charities and schools with football kits
- Running volunteer and work experience programmes for local youngsters
- Liaising with local junior clubs to be Guards of Honour and experience a live football match
For more information on any of the Foundation’s work or to support our activities through sponsorship please contact Trudi Hannaford Trudi.email@example.com or 07507750583